Monday, September 7, 2009

Dips galore.....


Well, as I was blog surfing today, I came across BooMama's site and saw this Dip Tacular event she was hosting. This is in honor of the football season that has just started. Click on the icon or site name above to see all the wonderful dips. I can't wait to give some a try! Maybe you might have a favorite you'd like to add too!
Here is the one of my family's favorites:



Meaty Cheesy Mexican Dip
2 lb. block of Velveeta cheese
1 lb. block of Mild Mexican Velveeta cheese
1 and 1/2 lbs. of Ground Round Hamburger (leaner)
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
1 medium onion chopped


Brown the hamburger and onion.
Cut the cheese blocks into cubes and melt in extra large saucepan on medium/low heat. Add the celery soup and browned hamburger/onion mixture. The heat from the hamburger mixture melts the cheese blocks faster. Stir consistently, as the cheese will stick to the bottom and burn if not. Once all is melted put into a Crock Pot set to warm. Stir from time to time. Serve with round tortilla chips and enjoy.







No comments: