After all, I only made this last summer and intended to give it to my father on his birthday.........forgot about it then......so, ok.....one of his Christmas gifts, forgot about it again. It wasn't until I stumbled into Hobby Lobby with my son and noticed select frames 50% off. The best part about it...the perfect frame that I envisioned was one included! So, with my excitement from finding this frame on sale, I got right home and finished my project for my dad.
He loved it, but decided he wanted to give it to my mother.....something to help her hold onto those memories. When he took it to her, she glanced at it a minute or so and immediately said...."Aggie.........oh, Paul there's Aggie and you and I". To him that was priceless, not only did she reconnect to a part of their lives together.....but the joy she had, that she could do that.....actually remember, was the best by far!!
So that gift was twofold......happiness to my father and mother as well. Just wish I would have remembered sooner!
Now, whenever I do something nice for my dad, I try to do something for the hubby (just so he knows he's important too). Well, I made this cast of characters into his favorite treat....Oatmeal Scotchies! Well, now I have unleashed something. Both my son and hubby are on a Scotchie kick now and I have made these 2 times in the last week! I offered chocolate chip with pecans.....no way!!

Well, if practice makes perfect........then I will be able to master the perfect Oatmeal Scotchie this side of Michigan!
No comments:
Post a Comment