Pineapple Cream Angel Cake
I recently made this cake and it is so good, but the best part is the lower calories and lower fat. However, when I made it, I did not have Lite Cool Whip and that is what the recipe calls for. It takes 4 ingredients (well 5 if you count the 1 1/4 cups of water needed to make the cake).
It is super easy and takes very little time to make, aside from the time the cake is in the oven.
So here goes, the needed ingredients:
It is super easy and takes very little time to make, aside from the time the cake is in the oven.
So here goes, the needed ingredients:
1 20 ounce DOLE Crushed Pineapple, in juice, un-drained
1 1.5 ounce JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping (or SUGAR FREE)
1 package 10 ounce round angel food cake, cut horizontally into 3 layers
1 1.5 ounce JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping (or SUGAR FREE)
1 package 10 ounce round angel food cake, cut horizontally into 3 layers
Bake the cake as directed on the package and let cool.
Slice into 3 layers. I have found the best knife to use is a serrated knife with short sawing motions.
I chill the pineapple and dump into a mixing bowl.
Add the Sugar Free Instant Vanilla pudding mix.
Stir until the pudding is well blended into the pineapple.
Add 1 cup of Lite Cool Whip
Mix until well blended together and creamy.
Frost bottom layer
Frost second layer
And finally frost the top layer and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Try it...unless you do not like pineapple, which my son let me know after I cut him a slice :(
At least the hubby likes it :) Yummy!
1 comment:
Boy does that look yummy...and I LOVE pineapple!
Post a Comment