Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time of his life.........

My dear father turned 81 today! For his gift, my sister, brother-in-law and I took him to a Detroit Tigers game last Thursday. He was like a young boy, so excited.








First stop was to see the field where his favorite football team plays, the Detroit Lions. He wanted to get a souvenir from both places. We bought him a Lions hat and a Tiger's key chain. I had bought him the hat and shirt he wore to the game that day.






I thought those tiger head statues were cool.














The excitement really began past this entrance.








Best of all, that grin remained throughout the day!







He loved listening to this man, Ernie Harwell, as he announced the Tiger games when he was younger.







Finally, the seats, and he just kept a grinnin'.








He wanted me to capture Leyland, the Tiger's manager.







and........the pitcher John Porcello,





and...........Cabrera (the best batter for Detroit....according to my father).






He even got excited to take his picture with "Paws" the Tiger mascot. One of the most important shots and my camera lens was in manual, and I didn't have time to focus, so a blurry shot. But, to my father it was great! I'll need to remember to keep the lens in automatic on days like these!





My sister and I took him to lunch today at his favorite restaurant, and tomorrow we will celebrate with my mother. He is feeling the love....and he should for all he has sacrificed for his family!

Dad, I am so grateful for you..........thank you for being you! Happy Birthday!!



No comments: