Friday, May 2, 2008
I'd give anything.....
I have been thinking about my mother quite a bit lately. It seems as though she is slipping into another "phase" ( as it is termed) of Alzheimer's. There are times I know she knows who I am, and ten minutes later talk to me as if I am just someone who lives with her at her assisted living facility. One particular time she asked me if I was going to go to Linda's with her. I know she was talking about me and said, "sure.....is this Linda a nice person (to go along with her)? She replied "oh yes, she has such a kind heart...I am sure you will like her too". That was probably the nicest thing she could have ever said to me. I would just give anything to have the times back where we could go shopping, plant flowers, volunteer together or just spend time talking about life. She just doesn't deserve this. She is the most beautiful person I know both inside and out! This picture was taken about 25 years ago (wow am I aging myself or what). I love you Mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment