Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!



I hope every mother had a relaxed, and peaceful day! Motherhood is hard work and it is nice to have a day to spend with family to celebrate the best job of your life. Here are words for thought.........


"The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks." ~Carrie Latet


Today my mother was very quiet, but I guess you could say our hearts spoke. Each time I looked at her the little smile she would give spoke wonders to me. I wrote a poem about a year ago about my mother and I thought I'd post it today. I have learned so many valuable things from her, mostly from the life she has led! So, here is the poem.......




Hopeful Remembrance
to my dear mother, Patricia Ann.




They said you have Alzheimer's, but I refused to accept it.
Why does this happen to someone so loving, kind and giving?
You've taught compassion, respect and selfless living.
Hate to see what you will face; empty stare and confusion.
Tough to see you with self doubt, humiliation, and self departure.
Not yourself, only a glimmer of a spirit that was once so vibrant.

Yet you've faced your uncertain future with such dignity.

Eager to share with you my thoughts, accomplishments and feelings.
You care, gone within seconds; only to tell and retell again.
Certain that deep down you do know, care and understand.
Yearning to go back and remember; happiness, love and laughter.
Realizing what a valuable mother and dear friend you have been.
Grateful that I am blessed with such a wonderful example.
Wanting to take you from this state of loneliness and uncertainty.
Back to a life of treasure, with hopeful remembrance.


Linda L. Ditto








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem. I hope your mother is doing well. My prayers are with you!