Friday, May 23, 2008

There is just no comparison.....

My husband took me to pick out a new home theatre system with a 5.1 HDMI receiver, 46" 1080p LCD flat panel television and a blue ray HD DVD player. My mother needed a new television, so we gave her our old television and really haven't sacrificed a bit without it! Wow, there is no going back to the old after watching HD satellite and blue ray DVD's. This was my early birthday and mother's day present, since my husband already has this set up downstairs (although his is a bit larger at 65"). Now, when my netflix blue ray DVDs come in, I won't have to fight him for the player downstairs! I truly am very fortunate, as my husband is pretty good to me! I think, when he went with me to hook up our old TV for my mother, he noticed how much she as progressed. He knows how I enjoy watching movies and wanted to do something nice for me! We ran into his boss/golf partner at Best Buy when we were picking it out and he asked Jim if he was gonna have to dig deep this time....into his pockets. Jim just laughed and said...."always"! I'm usually spending money on everyone else and I think he notices that and does such nice things for me.

No comments: