This is Danielle, a former student of mine, now that she has graduated. I remember when I first started teaching as an alternative teacher, how determined she was to be the first in her family to get a college degree and become a nurse! I was just as determined to help her follow her dream. She did well in school, even with the birth of her son during this time. She was elected class senate president from her classmates; and asked to speak at graduation and did a great job motivating her classmates with her words!
But, the most awesome part was this little guy, little D, very intently watching his momma. He hung on every word she spoke.
Best of all was the amazement captured on his face when her classmates erupted in applause for his mom. She's on the right track, setting a great example for this little guy to model!
To me, being just a small part of this, is what makes being a teacher so rewarding!! I was there at the hospital the day she had him, encouraging her that she could still keep her dream alive. I am so glad she never gave up!
No comments:
Post a Comment