My son turned 16 a few days ago. It is so bittersweet. I am glad that he is able to drive, but the worry experienced once he's gone is hard. He texts me once he gets to every destination, so I get little periods of relief. The hardest part is that he's always gone now.
On the day of his birthday he took off at 10:00 am and did not return for good until 12:00 am. He had breakfast with his grandpa, visited his friend Bradie since she was grounded :(, beach with Leah, home to swim and wash off the sand, dinner at Redamak's, beach to watch the sunset, dessert at Hacienda (Mudslide), then home to swim (at 12:00 midnight!) and have cake finally. Good thing we celebrated it before with family, since his father and I never stood a chance that day!
I snapped pictures as he took off the first time on his solo flight!

Pictures at 1:00 in the morning with the friends he celebrated with.

I think that grin says it all!!!
1 comment:
Boy oh boy, do I understand where you are coming from...scarey to let them "fly" on their own, and as a mother, the worry nevers ends, no matter how old they are or how long they have flown from the nest! Don't the years just fly by, but the memories stay on forever! Happy Birthday to all 3 of you...and where is that little kitty???
Post a Comment