Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My half...

Here is a picture of my better half. Who, come to think of it, makes me a better person. People say that the first 7 years of marriage are the hardest, most frustrating times. I would be lying if I said we always had smooth sailing. We were two totally different people with very different backgrounds and upbringings. But, we have weathered some storms and have become all that much better from them. I had full intentions of trying to get this posted on Valentine's day but had class all day and wanted to enjoy the evening with my guy! In fact, a little while ago, I wrote a poem just for him. He's not the mushy type, but I think he appreciated it. I'll share it with you too! Now bear with me, this is the third poem I've ever written..........just keep that in mind!



Changing Love
to my one and only Jim,


Eager to learn each other, inside and out.

We start our journey with each other.

As we set in our ways, through time as our guide,we learn more and more from each other.

Life will throw us hardships, challenges and temptations.

We will learn a great deal more of who we are,and what we still must become.

It is never as we wish it to be, but what we learn and how we grow, makes it all the worth while.

From you I have learned to appreciate the small things,as I have become to realize that is the most important.

As time passes we add a life to the world.

We struggle to mold, shape and teach this little person what is right in this world.

We learn that if they are happy and good to others, that is the best we can hope for.

To look back, I realize this was meant to be, a reason, and a purpose we found our love.

We would not become who we are today, if we didn't enter into this life of ever changing love.

Linda

Copyright ©2009 Linda Ditto

I love my guy!


Just because I don't think I say it enough......I appreciate you honey!!!



No comments: