Monday, September 1, 2008

Nothing like the last minute.......

Well, I finished decorating my classroom today at 3:45 pm and had family coming over at 4:00 to swim and cookout. I seem to work better under pressure and at the last minute. I can't say I am not stressed....I just seem to kick it into full gear and get more accomplished.

Well, I had forgotten to take pictures and ran back at 8:10 pm to get pictures (since I forgot my hubbies camera at the school).

This school is old, build in the 60's and was originally an elementary school. Now it is used for the Alternative and Adult Education. Also, the Administrative offices are in this building. So, I get to see the Superintendent every day! The facility is in need of many repairs, but this is last on the agenda for updates. It houses a day care, gymnasium and has a fully functional 22 station computer lab, so it's not so bad. You can see how old it is in the following pics of my room!









I just love my new poster with the dog wearing the heart shaped glasses. It reads....ACCEPTANCE is seeing with your heart and not your eyes.


























2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Your room and decorations are wonderful!!!!

Diane said...

Cool room.....great job Linda!!!
I am doing a "stamp workshop" for a friend on Sept 14th if you want to go with me and see what its all about....just let me know.
I bet its hard to be back at work, even though I know you enjoy working with the students, seems the summer flew by..good luck with this semester of students!!!