Friday, August 15, 2008

Don't ya just feel good inside?

Today my son and I volunteered at the Senior Center, as we usually do every 3rd Friday of the month during the summer. As I was carrying a box for a sweet older woman today, she told me to have a great day and I replied "I am so far because I love doing this". She replied, "don't you just feel so good inside when you do for others". Oh....ya know, I couldn't have said it better myself. So true!!!!

The best gift I have is that my son has a serving heart too. When we do it together, I couldn't be happier. I love watching him interact with others; possibly holding the door for someone, lending a helping hand, sharing a smile, or wishing them a good day brings such joy to my heart!














See I think he has that good feeling inside too!




I let him capture me in the act, which made him happy since I hate having the camera turned my way. Maybe if I was svelte and slim it would be different (but, that's another story!).



Since summer is almost over, my Service Based Learning class will be able to take over until next June. I can't wait to capture that!

Oh, it is so good to give!

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Linda,
How old is your son!!! He looks like a great guy!!

And he is adorable too :o)