Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Unfortunately it was 103.6 inside.....

My son has seen brighter days, today was not one of them. He was fighting something, that's for sure. He woke up with a headache to kill and a 99.8 temp, which quickly shot to 101.2. Within two hours it rose to 103.6. I could not get that thing to go down......Motrin, cold wash rag on the forehead and tried to push the liquids. I started to get a little worried and called Ask a Nurse. She asked if he had gone to the bathroom and he was so out of it he couldn't remember. She suggested we go to the ER, more for possible dehydration. Well, that's when I kicked it into gear and had to play 'Tough Mom'. I sat with him until he drank at least three bottles of water. It just went back down to 101.2 and he is finally resting more comfortably. When your kids hurt, you hurt......no matter the age! I know I'll not sleep until it's back down for good. My hubby predicted he will be good to go tomorrow, as he thinks it is just a 24 hour bug. I hope he's right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for still taking care of me these past days! :]