Friday, June 20, 2008

My Fervent Volunteer....

Today my son and I were happy to help out at the local Senior Center. We do this twice a month, and have for the past 2 summers; every third Friday and Monday of the month. During the school year my students sign up for a chance to help out the older generation. I love that my students and son find it personally rewarding. Here are a few pics of my adorable, loving, sweet, kind and giving son as he helps anyone in need today. I thought he was being camera shy in the first shot, but he said the sun was too bright!



Next he passes out the monthly cheese portion of the commodities to a nice couple.



Loading the cart to take to someones car.



Grabbing another box. I told him to grab his sun glasses..it was bright out there!



This is my favorite shot, watching him talk to this woman and letting her share a little bit about her day. People were amazed that he is only 14!



By the way, I almost forgot......I put a link to my son's blog (he finally said it was ok!) on the right under my Sites of interest. He doesn't post as often a I do. I try to encourage him because it will help all the more with his writing skills (there's the teacher in me!). Anyway give him a glance...maybe leave him a comment; you probably feel like you know him after all my posts! Just an overzealous proud mom here, but I know I am not the only one!

No comments: